Teaching Membership is the first level where members enjoy full ("ordinary") membership of the West Australian Music Teachers' Association. It has lower entry requirements than Accredited Teaching Membership.
To join the West Australian Music Teachers' Association as a Teaching Member, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Provide evidence that you have completed at least Grade 7 Performance level exams (AMEB or equivalent) with a "Credit" / B or higher score in your instrument(s)
- Provide evidence that you have completed at least Grade 4 Theory exams (AMEB or equivalent) with a "Credit" / B or higher score
- Provide evidence of either:
- a completed Diploma or Degree in Music or Music Education, OR
- ongoing professional development (via PD certificates) AND a history of successful teaching (via exam or eisteddfod reports)
Teaching Membership Benefits
As a Teaching member, you will be able to:
- receive WAMTA news updates and the Presto magazine
- receive member discounts for events, professional development, and second hand music / books / resources
- join the WAMTA Community Facebook group
- access member-only content here on the WAMTA website
- enter students into the monthly Student Forum
- be listed in the WAMTA Online Teaching Directory
- vote at General Meetings
You will not be eligible for the following until you meet the requirements to upgrade your membership:
- use the post nominals MMTA
Teaching Membership Costs
The first year includes a non-refundable $50 joining fee to cover the administrative costs of processing your application and setting your membership up in our systems.
A recurring fee will be charged every 12 months for continued membership.
On submitting the application form below, you will be charged: