Accredited Teaching Membership is the highest level, where members enjoy full ("ordinary") membership of the West Australian Music Teachers' Association.
To join the West Australian Music Teachers' Association as an Accredited Teaching Member, you must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Provide evidence that you have completed at least a Diploma level Performance exam (AMEB or equivalent, e.g. AMusA, ATCL, DipABRSM) with a "Credit" / B or higher score in your instrument(s)
- Provide evidence that you have completed at least Grade 5 Theory exams (AMEB or equivalent) with a "Credit" / B or higher score
- Provide evidence of either:
- Degree or diploma in music teaching or music education from a recognised tertiary institution
- Diploma in music teaching from a recognised examination board (such as the AMEB's ATMusA)
- Degree in education with a major in music from a recognised tertiary institution
- Degree in music (without a teaching component) from a tertiary institution PLUS either (a) a documented history of successful teaching at Grades 5 and above OR (b) evidence of ongoing professional development in music teaching
- Certificates and equivalent courses specialising in music teaching as approved by Council PLUS a documented history of successful teaching at Grade 5 and above.
Accredited Teaching Membership Benefits
As an Accredited Teaching member, you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of WAMTA membership:
- receive WAMTA news updates and the Presto magazine
- receive member discounts for events, professional development, and second hand music / books / resources
- access to all member-only resources here on the WAMTA website
- access to the WAMTA Community Facebook group
- enter students into the monthly Student Forum
- be listed in the WAMTA Online Teaching Directory
- vote at General Meetings
- use the post nominals MMTA
Accredited Teaching Membership Costs
The first year includes a non-refundable $50 joining fee to cover the administrative costs of processing your application and setting your membership up in our systems.
A recurring fee will be charged every 12 months for continued membership.
On submitting the application form below, you will be charged: