Provisional membership is not a full level of membership, but an "associate" category which does not convey voting rights. As the name suggests, "Provisional" membership is temporary, limited to 3 years, during which time the members must be actively working towards qualifying for Teaching Membership.
To join the West Australian Music Teachers' Association as a Provisional Member, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Provide evidence that you have completed at least Grade 6 Performance level exams (AMEB or equivalent) in your instrument(s)
- Provide evidence that you have completed at least Grade 4 Theory exams (AMEB or equivalent)
- Be willing to work towards meeting the requirements to upgrade to Teaching membership within the next 3 years
Provisional Membership Benefits
As a provisional member, you will be able to:
- receive WAMTA news updates and the Presto magazine
- receive member discounts for events, professional development and second hand music / books / resources
- join the WAMTA Community Facebook group
- access member-only content here on the WAMTA website
- enter students into the monthly Student Forum
You will not be eligible for the following until you meet the requirements to upgrade your membership:
- teacher listing in the WAMTA Online Teaching Directory
- vote at General Meetings
Provisional Membership Costs
The first year includes a non-refundable $50 joining fee to cover the administrative costs of processing your application and setting your membership up in our systems.
A recurring fee will be charged every 12 months for continued membership.
On submitting the application form below, you will be charged: