A variety of resources and free workshops to help teachers and students prepare for ATAR music are available from the School Curriculum and Standards Authority, and both WAAPA and the UWA Conservatorium of Music.
School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) Resources
The music page on the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) website contains useful documents relating to the WACE General and ATAR music courses, including:
- Syllabus documents for both the General and ATAR courses
- Music Performance Resource Package contains suggested technical work and repertoire for ATAR students (but also useful for General students)
- Practical (performance and/or composition portfolio) examination requirements document provides guidelines on the external (end of Year 12) practical examination. A new version is uploaded each year in mid March. Look for the new documents on the above home page, under the ‘Examination Materials’ drop-down box.
Other useful documents, including the ATAR practical examination marking keys, repertoire cover sheet, etc. can also be found under the ‘Examination Materials’ drop-down box.
Please log in to view the handouts of the "ATAR Music: Your Questions Answered" workshop held in March 2023.
Please contact Nick Fielding with any queries on +61 8 9273 6756 | Nick.Fielding@scsa.wa.edu.au
Ace Your WACE Workshops (WAAPA)
WAAPA provides free "Ace your WACE" workshops throughout the year. These include:
- Ace Your WACE 1.0, usually held around April-May
- Ace Your WACE 2.0, often held in July
See WAAPA's Short Courses page for details.
UWA Conservatorium of Music Resources
The UWA Conservatorium of Music have put together a comprehensive collection of ATAR Music Resources. It is includes music literacy, music analysis, and top tips for Wind, Brass, Percussion, Piano, String, and Guitar students.