To WAMTA join as a student member, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be enrolled full time in an approved tertiary degree or diploma majoring in music or music education.
Taking individual lessons with a pedagogy specialist does not qualify for student membership.
Proof of enrolment will be required to approve your application.
Student Member Benefits
As a student member, you will be able to:
- receive WAMTA news updates and the Presto magazine
- receive member discounts on events, professional development, and second hand music / books / resources
- access the WAMTA Community Facebook group
- access member-only content here on the WAMTA website
- enter students into the monthly Student Forum
You will not be eligible for the following until you upgrade your membership:
- teacher listing in the WAMTA Online Teaching Directory
- vote at General Meetings
Student Membership Costs
The first year includes a non-refundable $50 joining fee to cover the administrative costs of processing your application and getting you set up in our systems.
A recurring fee will be charged every 12 months for continued membership.
On submitting the application form below, you will be charged: